Skip to content
Terms and Conditions
- QUOTATION – A quotation (estimate for work) not accepted within thirty (30) days is subject to review.
- ORDER CANCELLATIONS – In the event of an order cancellation, if Spectrum has commenced work on the order, it shall be entitled to full reimbursement for any cost already incurred, including penalties or restocking charges that sellers suppliers may charge. This reimbursement shall be deducted from the advance deposit and balance (if any) refunded to the customer.
- EXPERIMENTAL WORK – Experimental work performed at customer’s request, including but not limited to: sketches, drawings, composition, screens, presswork and digital files, will be charged at current rates and may not be used without express written consent of Spectrum.
- PREPARATORY WORK AND RIGHTS OF OWNERSHIP – Sketches, copies, digital master production files and all preparatory work created or furnished by Spectrum shall remain its exclusive property and no use of the same shall be made, nor any ideas obtained there from be used, except upon compensation to be determined by Spectrum. Spectrum retains exclusive rights to all artwork, sketches, drawings, compositions and digital files used in the production of customer’s order unless a Transfer of Ownership document is signed by both parties and a set price agreed upon and paid to Spectrum to release rights to work. In other words: Just because you paid the labor cost for a Designer to create your artwork, does not mean that you own it. Any item to which Spectrum owns rights may not, under any circumstances, be reproduced, printed, fabricated as a product, garment, sign or other device without written consent.
- CONDITION OF CUSTOMER-SUPPLIED ART – Estimates for printing are based on customer supplying same size or larger black and white artwork that is “camera ready” or “scanner ready” as defined in Spectrum’s Artwork Requirements document, and requiring no touch-up or clean-up. Additional time required to prepare supplied artwork shall be billed at current rates.
- 6. PREPARATORY MATERIALS – Artwork, type, screens, negatives, positives, color separations, digital file assets and other items when supplied by Spectrum shall remain its exclusive property unless previously agreed in writing at time of order.
- ALTERATIONS, REVISIONS AND MODIFICATION – Alterations represent work performed in addition to the original specifications. Such additional work shall be charged at current rates and be supported with documentation upon request.
- PROOFS – Proofs shall be submitted via e-mail, hard copy or fax at customer’s preference. Corrections are to be clearly marked and returned for revision. Spectrum regrets any errors that may occur in production undetected, but cannot be held responsible for errors if the work is accomplished per customer’s OK or if changes are communicated verbally. Spectrum shall not be responsible for errors if the customer has not ordered or has refused to accept proofs or has failed to return proofs with indication of changes or has instructed Spectrum to proceed without the submission of proofs. Because of differences in equipment, materials, substrates, paints, inks, monitor and printer ICC profiles and other conditions which occur between color proofing and production operations, a reasonable variation (~5-10%hue, saturation or lightness) in color between color proofs and the completed job shall constitute acceptable delivery.
- OVERRUNS OR UNDERRUNS – Overruns or underruns for printing or promotional products not to exceed 10% on quantities order and/or the percentage agreed upon over or under quantities order shall constitute acceptable delivery. Spectrum will bill for actual quantity delivered within this tolerance. If customer requires guaranteed “no less than” delivery, percentage tolerance of overage must be doubled.
- SHIPPING & DELIVERY – Unless otherwise specified, the price quoted is for customer pick up of goods at our location. Charges related to delivery from Spectrum to customer are generally not included in any quotation unless specified. Any additional charges for delivery from Spectrum’s supplier of materials or from Spectrum to customer will be billed at cost to customer.
- PRODUCTION SCHEDULING – Lead time is 7-10 working days. Some orders will require more time to produce. Customers will be notified of lead time at time of order or on quotation or both. Spectrum shall accept no liability or penalty for delays occurring due to state of War, rioting, civil disorder, fire, strikes, accidents, action of Government or civil authority and acts of God or other causes beyond the control of customer or Spectrum.
- CUSTOMER FURNISHED MATERIALS – Garments, stock, camera copy, film, color separations, negatives, discs, digital files and other customer furnished materials shall be manufactured, packaged and delivered to Spectrum’s specifications. Additional cost due to delays or impaired production caused by specification deficiencies shall be charged to the customer. All submitted materials become the property of Spectrum and returns must be requested in writing via e-mail or postal letter. Return of items is not guaranteed past 30 days from submission.
- TERMS – An advance deposit of 50% of total order price is required on all custom orders. Spectrum will not commence work until a deposit has been paid. Unless previous arrangements have been made in writing, remaining balance is due at time of completion of work.
- GENERAL WARRANTY – Spectrum disclaims any and all express or implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose. Although Spectrum uses quality materials in manufacturing, due to the wide variations in environmental conditions and handling after delivery, Spectrum does not guarantee against fading, shrinkage, warping or other damage occurring after delivery of goods.
- INDEMNIFICATION – The customer shall indemnify and hold Spectrum harmless from any and all loss, cost, expense and damages on account of any and all manner of claims, demands, actions and proceedings that may be instituted against Spectrum on grounds alleging that the said product violates any copyright or any proprietary right of any person, company or other body, or that it contains any matter that is libelous or scandalous, or invades any person’s right to privacy or other personal rights except to the extent that Spectrum has contributed to the matter. The customer agrees to, at customer’s expense, promptly defend and continue the defense of any such claim, demand, action or proceeding that may be brought against Spectrum, provided that Spectrum shall promptly notify the customer with respect thereto, and provide further that Spectrum shall give to the customer such reasonable time as the urgency of the situation may permit in which to undertake and continue the defense thereof.
- TRADEMARKS & COPYRIGHTS – Spectrum accepts orders for printing as being in full compliance with all applicable laws regarding its usage and assumes no liability for claims or infringements of trademarks, copyrights, patents, and/or personal rights. Products and logos shown in marketing for our products appear only to illustrate the basic products and the ability to imprint messages and art on them. There is no intention to suggest that the imprints were designed by Spectrum or that the products with these specific imprints are readily available to any purchaser without express written permission of the owners of any trademarked or copyrighted art, copy, or verbiage.